Protection of Personal Information
Personal Information Protection Policy
- The Company will comply with the Company's internal rules that stipulate the acquisition, use, and provision of personal information in an appropriate manner, while taking the content and scale of the business into account.
- The Company will take measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information, and take corrective action promptly in the event that such a situation arises.
- The Company will comply with laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information and the guidelines and other rules and ordinances established by the national government.
- The Company will respond promptly and in good faith to any customer inquiries regarding personal information.
- The Company will continuously improve its systems for the management of personal information.
Purpose of Use
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the purposes listed below, after identifying the purpose of use of the personal information as much as possible, except in cases where the Company has obtained the prior consent of the individual concerned or if the Company is permitted to handle it as an exception under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and ordinances.
- Notice of and provision of services, etc.
- Confirmation of the individual's identity and preparation of documents at times of contract, purchase, etc.
- Shipment and transportation of goods, materials, invoices, etc.
In the event that the Company needs to use personal information for purposes other than those mentioned above, the Company will obtain the consent of the individual concerning its use, except in cases where the Company has already obtained the prior consent of the individual concerned or if the Company is permitted to handle it as an exception under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and ordinances.
The Company may entrust parts of its operations to another party and entrust the handling of personal information to said trustee within the necessary scope. In such cases, the Company will manage such personal information appropriately pursuant to laws and regulations and to the standards set by the Company.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide or disclose the personal information it has obtained to any third party unless any of the following cases apply:
- if the Company has obtained consent from the individual concerned;
- if the Company needs to provide personal information to a third party for the protection of the life, body, and/or property of a person, but it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual concerned; or
- if the Company is required to disclose and/or provide personal information under laws and ordinances.
Disclosure, Amendment, and Discontinuation of Registered Details
The Company will disclose personal information to the individual concerned at that individual's request, unless such disclosure will hinder the execution of the business by the Company. In such cases, the Company will confirm the person's identity according to the methods prescribed by the Company.
If personal information disclosed to the person contains details that differ from the facts, the Company will immediately amend the contents. Further, if the individual concerned requests that the Company cease using the personal information, the Company will also immediately cease such use.
Security of this Website, etc.
Although personal information will be managed with significant care, due to the nature of the Internet and e-mail, the Company cannot fully guarantee the confidentiality of personal information. Please be aware of this when using the website and e-mail.
This Personal Information Protection Policy is subject to change without notice due to the revision of relevant laws and ordinances and policies of the Company.
For any inquiries regarding the Personal Information Protection Policy, please contact:
Houwa Engineering Co., Ltd.
5-10-18 Kanayama, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, 460-0022